News and Events
01 Jul 2012
COMPETITION TO WIN iPAD, PS VITA OR NINTENDO DS
STEP 1: Pick up a Masjid al Rahmah Charity Box from the Funday at Grange Interlink Community Centre on Sunday 7th July or from MMTQ during the evenings between 4:15pm and 7:30pm on weekdays. If you cannot come to pick up a collection box in person then collect in a money box of your own.
STEP 2: Start collecting lillah and nafl sadaqah donations from friends, family, neighbours, relatives etc. Encourage people to be generous, especially so in the month of Ramadhan. The Messenger of Allah ﷺ has said “Sadaqah extinguishes sin as water extinguishes fire.” By encouraging people to participate in this good deed you are helping to extinguish their sins and gain reward so don’t hold back- go out with a smile on your face and encourage people to be generous.
Get creative in your fundraising methods. What can you do to raise money? Do you have a skill or an idea that you could use? Maybe you could sell cakes, wash cars, baby sit, help out with household chores, tutor another child with their studies- there are lots of ways to raise money and maybe your friends and family will be so impressed by your entrepreneurial skills they will give you a generous donation!
Raise as much money as you can for a good chance of winning. Aim for the £1000 mark!
STEP 3: Bring your collections to MMTQ in between Sunday 16th September and Sunday 22nd September and leave your details with one of the MMTQ staff. If you cannot bring it in person, send a cheque for the amount you have raised. Remember to leave the following information:
· Your full name
· Your address
· Amount raised
STEP 4: After the 28th September check the MMTQ website to see if you have won a prize and for details on how to collect your prize or goodie bag.
MASJID AL RAHMAH COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices are the Competition Rules and apply to competitions on the Masjid al Rahmah completion run by MMTQ unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. The Competition is organised by MMTQ, 1 Lidget Terrace, Bradford, BD7 2LR.
3. The competition is open to all adult and children, regardless of geographical location, age, religion or race. Entrants may be from the UK or abroad.
4. Entrants in to the completion warrant that any money raised for the Masjid al Rahmah fund is obtained in a lawful and honest manner without deception, theft, trickery or dishonesty in any way whatsoever. All funds should be from halal sources and money obtained through methods that are unlawful in Islam should not be submitted. MMTQ retains the right to disqualify such entries if reasonable doubt occurs that any particular entry includes such funds.
5. Entrant may either collect in an approved Masjid al Rahmah charity box obtainable from MMTQ or in a charity box of their choice.
6. Prizes will be sponsored by individuals or organisations and will not be paid for by competition funds. Individual wishing to donate or sponsor a gift are requested to contact MMTQ.
7. Funds may be submitted either in cash or by cheques payable to Masjid al Rahmah. All entrants will receive a Masjid al Rahmah receipt for their donation. Those submitting entrants by post should include a stamped addressed envelope.
8. Masjid al Rahmah retains ownership of all funds raised by the competition and will apply 100% of all funds to the Masjid al Rahmah project. By entering this competition you agree to this clause and no reclaims for funds will be entertained.
9. All funds will be recorded as either lillah or nafl sadaqah. Zakat will not be accepted.
10. MMTQ reserves the right to replace the first, second and third prizes with gifts of lesser values if the total amount raised through the completion totals and amount less than £10,000. Prizes may not necessarily be the latest models. MMTQ reserves the right to issue prizes with a value based on the total amount of funds raised.
11. MMTQ reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside MMTQ’s reasonable control. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or the Competition Notice.
12. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of MMTQ shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
13. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. MMTQ reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants. The address you provide with your competition entry will be used to send any prizes so please make sure this is correct.
14. If you are under 18, MMTQ assumes that by using the website and entering the Competition you warrant that your parents have consented to your entry into the Competition and these Rules.
15. MMTQ reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
16. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, MMTQ in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
17. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date and time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
18. There is no purchase requirement to enter a Competition and there is no charge to register for use of the website.
19. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. MMTQ cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of server functions, technical issues, virus, bugs or other causes outside MMTQ’s control.
20. Tie-breakers will be judged by MMTQ and/or an independent adjudicator. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) and MMTQ shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
21. Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notic. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Competition winner(s)’ names may be published on the website or you can write to Competition Prize Winners, MMTQ, 1 Lidget Terrace, Bradford, BD7 2LR no earlier than after 14 days after the closing date naming the specific competition including a self-addressed stamped envelope for a list of winners.
22. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Prizes may be replaced with a cash alternative if requested by the winner at MMTQ’s discretion. The cash value of the replacement prize will be at MMTQ’s discretion and may be lower than the retail price of such prizes. MMTQ reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
23. Winners may collect their prizes from MMTQ. Entrants who are unable to come the MMTQ to collect their prize may request for their prizes to be couriered to them. In such a case, all postage and insurance cost will be borne by the winner.
24. Prizes are awarded at MMTQ’s discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
25. All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
26. MMTQ cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize or raising any funds.
27. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity. The decision of any individuals who do not wish to have their details made public will be honoured and if this is the case, requests from third parties to disclose the personal details of winners will not be granted except in a situation where MMTQ is obliged by law, to provide such information.
28. Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s prior consent.
29. The Competition and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. The Sites are only intended to be accessed from the United Kingdom. MMTQ makes no representation that materials on the Site relating to this Competition are appropriate or available for use at other locations and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is strictly prohibited. If you access the Site outside of the United Kingdom, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.